Sunday, September 18, 2005

mixed medium collage

I was in the art section at Borders yesterday when I came across a book in the design section on the topic of making collages. Seeing as how they are huge now, I took a gander at the book and instantly fell in love with the style of Claudine Hellmuth. Her style is one of time, memory, and dreams. Very captivating. I was so inspired by her artwork that I decided to give it a try yesterday. To the left is what I came up with. Not too shabby for a first time.

I've never been able to draw people so the use of a mixed medium, such as collages, was very appealing to me. You can use whatever you want. Here I cut out a floral bouquet from the newspaper and colored in a few flowers. The words read, "A few crystal clear moments of grace."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home