Sunday, September 11, 2005

Heyyyy ewes guyyyys!

I was at church today ready to enjoy the service and worship; something that I had not been able to do in a while because I was always working behind the scenes. I was just thinking how nice it was not to have any "live" responsibilities this morning. (All my work is the week before in preparation for the services) I had just sat down when one of my colleagues, Kari, came up to me. I was very anxious to hear how the morning had gone. I wanted to make sure that everything was running smoothly. (I always have this fear of forgetting something huge)

"Yeah, it's been a crazy morning." Kari said. She went on to say that they had a question about a lyric on power point.

(Back story: We were doing a brand new song, so I had to type up a new file for it. There is a break in the song that had some spoken word in it and
Randy wanted it to be typed so he could say it while the song was being played. Well, CCLI (the source for most of our lyrics) didn't have the spoken word on the lyrics sheet. So I had to sit there in my office and listen very carefully to what was being said.)

Apparently, there was some discrepancy over what the lyrics were. I had down, "even ewes grow tired and weary; young men stumble and fall". Made sense to me. I thought it was some deep connection with a ewe being a lamb/sheep which represented Christ and so on and so forth. So I didn't really question it. That's what I heard. Well come to find out through Kari and other members of the band, the lyrics were supposed to read, "even youths grow tired and weary; young men stumble and fall." And hearing it in the entire song, it made more sense being "youths" rather than "ewes". Thanks for keeping me humble, guys.

I can't say this was the first time this has happened...when Aaron Neville's "Everybody Plays the Fool" came out, I thought it was, "Everybody Plays the Flute." :/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a place just like that volkswagen jetta body kit

Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home