Monday, February 06, 2006

Budweiser: King of Commercials

So last night's game wasn't anything great. Is it any suprise that I only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials? I don't think so. Here are a few of my favorites...in no particular order:


-- Bud Light: Magic Fridge. A man installs a refrigerator stocked with Bud Light with the ability to disappear to keep unwelcome guests from grabbing the brew. The fridge disappears via a revolving wall that, unbeknownst to the fridge's owner, spins it into the adjoining apartment.


-- Anheuser-Busch Budweiser: Young Clydesdale. This was a heart-tugger about a young Clydesdale that dreams of pulling the Budweiser beer wagon. *tear*


--Anheuser-Busch Budweiser: The Streaker. A good concept revised from years past.


--Burger King: Whopperettes. A bit quirky, but yet freaky all at once.


--The Dove commercial promoted self-esteem for young girls who might think they should be thinner, prettier, even blond.


--A funny FedEx ad about a cave man trying — but failing to send the first FedEx delivery via dinosaur finished third. At first I didn't like this one. It featured cave men...something that Geico had already done. So what was new about it? I thought. But the ending is what got me.


--Ameriquest Mortgage Company: Don't Judge too Quickly. Two doctors are in checking on a patient and one gets creative with the charge panels.


-Mastercard: MacGyver. Of course. My childhood hero. I loved this guy growing up. I wanted to be him so bad. I was happy to see his return. :)

For other great and not so great ads that weren't featured here, you can go to www.superbowl-ads.com to see anything you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home